Blackburn Prior welcomes Megan Dirou as Director.
We would like to welcome Megan as a Director of Blackburn Prior. Megan has many years of professional experience and expertise gathered from working with clients across a diverse range of industries. She enjoys working with clients to arrive at solutions that improve their business outcomes and help them succeed. A member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, Megan’s areas of expertise and interest include:
- Taxation and strategic business advice to family owned small and medium businesses;
- Complex group structures;
- Multi-generational family groups,
- Implementing changes to technology and systems within businesses
As a Ballina local, Megan has experienced the growth of our area and looks forward to joining the business community of the Northern Rivers. Megan is currently a committee member of Tintenbar East Ballina Football Club and has been involved in community work with every stage of her family’s activities with committee roles with the Ballina Surf Club Junior Club and the River Street Children’s Centre.
Our clients are typical of a growing regional area: family businesses, whose owners work hard at reaching their business and personal goals. As a Blackburn ‘Prior customer, we hope that you take advantage of the improvements we can make to your business:
- Giving you back some time! (for instance, by modernising your software and bookkeeping)
- Explaining your choices to reach a balance between tax, asset protection and running costs
- Understanding the jargon trusts, companies, Self-managed super etc
- Buying a business – what to look for, how to set yourself up and how to make an offer
- Having something valuable at the end of it – understanding how business valuations work, and what to do about it long before you are ready to sell
If you would like to discuss any of the above with Megan please contact her at our Ballina or Lismore office.