The NSW Government have announced a $2,000 Small Business Grant for each new job created by small businesses from 1 July 2015.
To be eligible you must have an active ABN and not be subject to payroll tax.
A business will receive the grant if all the following employment conditions are met:
- A person is employed in a position that is a new job.
- The employment commences on or after 1 July 2015 and before 1 July 2019.
- The employment is maintained for a period of 12 months.
- Your number of full-time equivalent (FTE) employees, prior to creating a new position must increase and be maintained over a 12 month period.
- The services of the employee are performed wholly or mainly in NSW.
If you believe your business is eligible and you wish to register for the grant you can apply online now.
IMPORTANT: You must register for the grant within 60 days of commencement of employment.